Contact a Lawyer
Sex Crimes Lawyer
Sexual offenses in Georgia cover a wide range of actions that can result in criminal prosecution. While most sex crimes acts are intentional and known to be crimes, there are acts that are not sexual in nature that can lead to being charged with a sex crime in Georgia.
Conviction of most sex crime sin Georgia will require you to register with the State as a sex offender. Other punishments that you may face are fines, jail time, prison incarceration, mandatory counseling, and lengthy probation when you are released.
Our law firm offers expert defense representation for anyone facing sex crimes charges in Georgia. Simply call 770-956-1400 to arrange a confidential consultation with a defense lawyer.
Sex Crimes in Georgia
The following list contains the many sections of Sexual Offenses in the state of Georgia with links to more information on each section.
- § 16-6-1 - Rape
- § 16-6-2 - Sodomy; aggravated sodomy; medical expenses
- § 16-6-3 - Statutory rape
- § 16-6-4 - Child molestation; aggravated child molestation
- § 16-6-5 - Enticing a child for indecent purposes
- § 16-6-5.1 - Sexual assault by persons with supervisory or disciplinary authority; sexual assault by practitioner of psychotherapy against patient; consent not a defense; penalty upon conviction for sexual assault
- § 16-6-6 - Bestiality
- § 16-6-7 - Necrophilia
- § 16-6-8 - Public indecency
- § 16-6-9 - Prostitution
- § 16-6-10 - Keeping a place of prostitution
- § 16-6-11 - Pimping
- § 16-6-12 - Pandering
- § 16-6-13 - Penalties for violating Code Sections 16-6-9 through 16-6-12
- § 16-6-13.1 - Testing for sexually transmitted diseases required
- § 16-6-13.2 - Defined terms; prosecution; forfeiture and seizure of property; in rem action; intervention; court authority; civil proceedings; liberal construction
- § 16-6-13.3 - Proceeds from pimping; forfeiture; distribution
- § 16-6-14 - Pandering by compulsion
- § 16-6-15 - Solicitation of sodomy
- § 16-6-16 - Masturbation for hire
- § 16-6-17 - Giving massages in places used for lewdness, prostitution, assignation, or masturbation for hire
- § 16-6-18 - Fornication
- § 16-6-19 - Adultery
- § 16-6-20 - Bigamy
- § 16-6-21 - Marrying a bigamist
- § 16-6-22 - Incest
- § 16-6-22.1 - Sexual battery
- § 16-6-22.2 - Aggravated sexual battery
- § 16-6-23 - Publication of name or identity of female raped or assaulted with intent to commit rape
- § 16-6-24 - Adoption of ordinances by counties and municipalities which proscribe loitering or related activities
- § 16-6-25 - Harboring, concealing, or withholding information concerning a sexual offender; penalties
If you've been accused of a sex crime in Georgia you should arrange for a consultation with an experienced sex crimes lawyer. Our law firm has extensive experience representing clients charged with misdemeanor and felony sex crimes. Call 770-956-1400 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a Cherokee County criminal defense lawyer.