Traffic Ticket Topics
Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Traffic Offense Lawyer in Cherokee County GA
Did you get a traffic ticket or traffic citation for speeding, reckless driving, suspended license, no insurance, or other driving offenses in Georgia? Just the basic traffic ticket fine can be expensive, but it gets worse if your car insurance premiums increase. This is especially true if you received a Georgia Super Speeder citation.
If you've been arrested for driving under the influence or DUI we can help you fight the charges. Click the following link to learn how we can serve as your DUI lawyer in Cherokee County and surrounding counties.
Georgia Super Speeder Law
Georgia's "Super Speeder Law" applies to a driver convicted of speeding at a speed of 75 mph or more on a two-lane road, or at a speed of 85 mph or more on any road in Georgia.
In addition to normal speeding fines assessed by a traffic court, the state of Georgia adds a mandatory $200 Super Speeder fee. If the state Super Speeder fee is not paid within 120 days of official notice your driver's license will be suspended. Reinstatement of your license requires payment of the $200 fee plus a $50 reinstatement fee.
Traffic Laws and Offenses in Georgia
There are numerous types of traffic offenses that you can be cited with in Georgia. Our law firm can represent you to fight for your tickets to be dismissed, reduced, and sometimes removed from your driving record. The Georgia Code Title 40 for Motor Vehicles and Traffic includes the following:
- Chapter 1 - Identification and Regulation
- Chapter 2 - Registration and Licensing of Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 3 - Certificates of Title, Security Interests, and Liens
- Chapter 4 - Identification of and Purchase and Resale of Motor Vehicles and Parts
- Chapter 5 - Drivers' Licenses
- Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
- Chapter 7 - Off-Road Vehicles
- Chapter 8 - Equipment and Inspection of Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 9 - Reporting Accidents; Giving Proof of Financial Responsibility
- Chapter 10 - Governor's Office of Highway Safety
- Chapter 11 - Abandoned, Derelict, and Civil Forfeiture of Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 12 - Actions Against Nonresident Motorists
- Chapter 13 - Prosecution of Traffic Offenses
- Chapter 14 - Use of Speed Detection Devices and Red Light Cameras
- Chapter 15 - Motorcycle Operator Safety Training Program
- Chapter 16 - Department of Driver Services
Fighting Traffic Tickets in Georgia
Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Cherokee County GA
If you need help with traffic charges in Georgia you need to consult with a traffic offenses attorney as soon as possible. Contact a traffic offenses lawyer online or call 770-956-1400.