Appeals of Court Decision

Appeals of Court Decision

Divorce Modification Appeals

Post-divorce, either party can file for a modification of a parenting plan or settlement agreement. In Georgia, a person can file for a modification only once every two years.

What do you do if your ex obtained a modification and you strongly disagree with the court's decision?

You can have your lawyer file an appeal to contest the decision. Any appeal must be filed within 30 days of the approved modification.

In instances where a court order was made based on faulty information you may be able to file for a set-aside.

If you need to file an appeal for a recent modification we invite you to contact a divorce lawyer at Burns Smith Law. Call us at 770-956-1400.